The 5-hour workshop that finally teaches you Why Microsoft Syntex will be a game-changer
Learn how Syntex can "auto-magically scrape" content from your documents!
- 1Accounts (Invoices, Reciepts, etc) - With the ability to extract customer details, dates and amounts, you can catagorise all your documents, as well as automate the related business processing ensuring all steps are taken at the right time.
- 2Order Processing - Simply uploading an order document into SharePoint either manually or via OCR (optical character recognition) could be the trigger to automate you order processing.
- 3Contract Renewals - Automatically remind your teams of dates held within any documents e.g Contract Renewals, Training Renewals and Review Dates.
- 4Automatically Create Documents - Remove the repetition involved in Creating multiple similar documents by using templates and auto populating with data from other files or data sources.
"Knowing we can deploy an automated "librarian" & "document analyst" as one, is likely to be a huge game changer!"
If - like us - you have a huge array of different content (videos and documents), knowing that you can analyse meta data, add tags, potentially re-route and update only certain parts of your library without having to manually check or build complex solutions, could be a game changer.
One thing we didn't want to do however is buy into a 'one trick pony' that could only catalogue our document metadata.
We wanted a tool that could pull in data, arrange, add to and complement our SharePoint information with sources outside of SharePoint. For example using OCR to digest our invoices and more.
Microsoft Syntex allows us to do this and unlock a whole lot MORE besides.
If you are keen to know more about "how to solve a problem like content" in your organisation, this workshop is a must see.
What You’ll learn from this Workshop:
Documents in SharePoint can contain vast amounts of valuable information. How can you mine this data without a huge manual 'trawl'? If you haven't got rigid document processes or an army of people, golden insight is lost. This workshop will show you how to use Microsoft Syntex to overcome this problem and mine (plus action) your content with ease.
Introduction to Microsoft Syntex
What are the key features of Microsoft Syntex and how can you put them to use.
The End-Users Experience
Where to look inside Microsoft Syntex and how to get to grips with what its telling you. What are the important moving parts of Syntext that you will use most frequently and where can you find the hidden gems.
Setting up Syntex
How to setup a trial in your environment and configure it to get going.
What costs do you need to be aware of and how can you efficiently solve the problem of value being locked inside your documents without spending big on licences.
How to unlock the powerful Content/ Document analytics and processing capabilities to solve your business problems.
Some big announcements were made at Microsoft Ignite. We will discuss some of the most important ones such as backup, restore, translation and archiving.
This Masterclass will be held over 5 hours and covers:
Part 1 - Getting Started With Microsoft Syntex
- Introduction to Microsoft Syntex (as it is today).
- Get started with setup - how to setup the trial of Syntex in your environment and configuring the environment.
- Build out Content Processing - using Syntex with some sample documents (Note: This uses PnP PowerShell to help get started but it isn't needed to use the same skills with your own content).
Part 2 - The End-User Experience & Licensing
- In this part, we will take a tour around Syntex to fully understand it from an end-users point of view.
- We will also discuss dreaded "L word". We will learn about the licensing needs for model builders, administrators and end users
- The exciting future - an overview of the announcements for Microsoft Syntex from Ignite 2022 including translation, backup/restore and archival
Meet your Workshop Host...
From dev to PM, SharePoint farm owner to analyst, Kevin has done it all and has the hair (or lack of) to prove it. Having started in the world of Financial Services with delivering solutions on Microsoft technologies to help staff collaborate and be more productive, Kevin jumped the fence a few years ago to the consultancy side. He has always loved to share and is a Microsoft MVP in Microsoft 365 Apps and Services, Viva Explorer and co-hosts the weekly modern workplace podcast GreyHatBeardPrincess in between his day job as a Practice Lead for Modern Workplace at CPS.
Kevin McDonnell, Microsoft Valuable Professional
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Firstly, like thousands of others, we're confident you will love this content! However, if you decide it's not for you, let us know and we will refund your money within 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
As soon as you purchase your pass you will be emailed a receipt. If you'd also like a formal invoice, please send your request to [email protected]
We're absolutely positive you will love all of the content included in this Workshop, however, if not contact us within 3 days of your purchase and we will issue a refund.
At the moment, only individual passes are available. Please contact us at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss the purchase of more than 5 passes.
No, only the person who purchases the pass will be able to watch the videos and will receive the ebooks. We ask that you do not share them.